If I were you, I should get that car serviced.

Mixed conditional usually refers to a mixture of the second and third conditionals (the counterfactual patterns). Some questions are on the conditional (if) clause part, and some are on the main clause part. I am afraid of spiders. Key... 4,097 Downloads . 樂How do we form it? Unless you stop drinking, you will develop serious health problems. Conditional sentences are one of the important parts of English grammar. Present result of a past condition Form In this type of mixed conditional sentence, the tense in the 'if' clause is the past perfect, and the tense in the main clause is the Had I realized what you intended, I wouldn’t have agreed to come with you. There are two types of mixed conditional sentence.. Mixed Third/ Second Conditional Mixed Second/ Third Conditional By gloenglish. There are two types of mixed conditional sentence. These mixed conditional sentences refer to an unreal present situation and its probable (but unreal) past result. This worksheet was made for Intermediate and Upper-Intermediate students. In these mixed conditional sentences, the time in the if clause is now or always and the time in the main clause is before now.

Other modal verbs can also be used instead of would – (might, may – could) Mixed conditionals.

The ws consists of 27 sentences to practise rephrasing involving relative clauses, linking works, conditional clauses or passive voice. 4. Learn how to use the Mixed Third/ Second Conditional and the Mixed Second/ Third Conditional with structure, usage and example sentences.

ENJOY :) Provided that you start now, you will be able to reach there before sunset. The third conditional is usually formed with if + past perfect and would + perfect infinitive – have arrived. 3. Mixed Conditionals (exercises) By tantana. We use the mixed conditional to talk about the probable result in the present of something that did not happen in the past. Mixed rephrasing. Your students are asked to fill in the gaps according to the given verb in the brackets. For example, "If I wasn't afraid of spiders" is contrary to present reality. Had I tried harder, I could have won. 5. Answers. If I were you, I wouldn’t worry. 2. It consists of some grammar explanation and four exercises. We would be there now if we had left earlier. 1. It is possible for the two parts of a conditional sentence to refer to different times, and the resulting sentence is a "mixed conditional" sentence.

The structure of the mixed conditional has two parts: the same condition of the third conditional and the same result of the second conditional. If you know about conditional sentences then you can easily construct conditional sentences in your communication. This worksheet is composed of 20 if-conditional questions, and it covers all the conditional types (zero-1st-2nd, and 3rd). In mixed conditionals, the time between the first and second clause is not the same.