Slice and Dice. Also, I've only had it happen on this particular part, plenty of other parts have perfect walls when sliced in Cura. The z-seam shortest option is obeying "when you go to the next part's outline, choose the vertex that is closest to the current position". An example can be seen above on this cylinder.
Reorienting this part on the buildplate does not make a difference either. It appears there is a bug maybe in how it is implemented. Natively open Collada, GLTF, OpenCTM, and PLY formats, to name a few. This decision is repeated for each part on the layer.

An example can be seen above on this print: it is a universal FDM print problem.

Combing on or off. Im trying the Z seam aligment: Sharpest corner + Hide seam to improve my prints. Editorial content, on principle, can not be bought or influenced. Commonly referred to as layer seams, z seams, blobs, zits, or scarring, the marks appear on prints either in a line or scattered around the model depending on slicer settings. So decided since it isn't common knowledge when you start out to talk about Z seams, The Zipper, many names but same thing.

Cura: Hiding the Z-seam with the slicer Showing 1-9 of 9 messages.

The z-seam shortest option is obeying "when you go to the next part's outline, choose the vertex that is closest to the current position".

All about "layer seams" I've recently been researching a lot about methods of reducing the visibility of seams in 3D prints.

3.5 Cura z seam alignment; 4 Z Seam : Conclusion; Z seam 3D print.

This decision is repeated for each part on the layer. Z-seam location The Cura "Random" option is not even remotely random.

Cura: Hiding the Z-seam with the slicer: Kevin R: 8/6/12 11:46 AM: Hey guys, Hoping someone might be able to help me out here (Daid I'm looking at you).
There's no need to open Ultimaker Cura beforehand – downloaded plugins and print profiles will automatically be associated with your Ultimaker account upon logging in. Even though the object placed on the table shows as having coordinates as XYZ (0), The Z Seam XY pos seems to be referenced from the XY(0) of the table from the lower left corner.

One of my peeves with my machine it that it will leave a bit of a seam on the outside surface where it does the Z step.

Cura line start/z-seam problem I just realised that you are using hide seam alignment which tries to position the seam on the most concave region of the model. For the first part on the layer to be printed, the current position is considered to be the Layer Start X/Y, for the subsequent parts on the layer, the current position is, well, the current position.

All3DP is an editorially independent publication. If you print a small cone with a slow taper (maybe 50mm tall, with a 5mm taper), you will discover that the "random" locations are aligned in quarter- to half-inch-long segments, leaving multiple very visible diagonal scars on the piece.

But I am getting mixed results. Below theres an example of a 3Dbenchy.

These marks appear on the prints in a line or scattered on the model depending on the slicer settings. I believe that the seam …

When you purchase using a shopping link on our site we earn an affiliate commission.

Cura 2.4 Z Seam Alignment - how does it work? Ultimaker Cura 4.3 is compatible with even more 3D file formats than before, allowing you to integrate CAD software, 3D scanning software, and 3D modeling software into your workflow with ease. Random Z-seam alignment. Z Seam in Cura / Start Point in Simplify 3d, or how to hide the Z seam in your prints, a low difficulty guide. Learn more. Printing temperatures between 200 and 215 °C.