Queen Elizabeth I of England and Mary, Queen of Scots were two of the greatest, most legendary rivals in recorded history—although they never even met. ... For subjects of the second Queen Elizabeth, her namesake and predecessor is an iconic cultural presence who looms even larger in the English historical consciousness than her extraordinary father, Henry VIII.

This was overturned later by the third act of succession.

It is probable that a daughter of Henry married Fergus.

Herein lies a problem.

She was then third in line behind her Roman Catholic half-sister, Princess Mary. Her early life was full of uncertainties, and her chances of succeeding to the throne seemed very slight once her half-brother Edward was born in 1537. Over 450 years ago, Elizabeth I became queen of England. Queen Elizabeth I was born in 1533 in England.She was a princess but declared illegitimate, eventually claiming the throne at 25. In one castle was Elizabeth… Elizabeth I - the last Tudor monarch - was born at Greenwich on 7 September 1533, the daughter of Henry VIII and his second wife, Anne Boleyn. The Duke of Kent, Queen Elizabeth's uncle, is rumored to have two illegitimate children. The first, Michael Temple Canfield, was born from an affair with American socialite Kiki Preston in 1926.

Women in power today relate to her experiences. About Elizabeth / Joan Illegitimate d/o Henry I (Of Gloucester) Elizabeth or Joan was an illegitimate daughter of Henry Beauclerc, but her mother is uncertain. Stoker believed that “Elizabeth” was, in fact, the son of one of Henry VIII’s illegitimate male offspring, making the imposter Henry VIII’s grandson.

Elizabeth Tailboys was the Tudor monarch's illegitimate lovechild who would have changed the course of English history had the King, pictured acknowledged her as his at the time.

Elizabeth I: Exception to the Rule. She reigned over a ‘Golden Age’, withstood moral criticism and became adept at image management and power dressing. She held it … Despite this, Elizabeth was educated under some of the most highly regarded educators of the time, including William Grindal and Roger Ascham. This act says that both his daughters, Mary and Elizabeth, are illegitimate. Whether Elizabeth was really married to Fergus of Galloway, or whether his children had a different mother is uncertain.

What you are referring to is the fact that the marriage between Henry viii and Boleyn was not considered legal in the eyes of Vatican but at that point Henry viii had already broken with the Catholic church. The marriage was declared invalid and Elizabeth was then declared illegitimate, as her half-sister, Mary, had been, and reduced to the title of "Lady" instead of "Princess." But can we claim a 16th century monarch as a feminist? Worse still, Elizabeth had herself been declared illegitimate in a statute which had never been formally repealed, and knew that many Catholics considered Mary to … Stoker believed this royal connection would explain the imposter’s physical resemblance to Elizabeth, a member of the royal family.